*** Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement ***
8th Health Informatics in Africa Conference 7th – 8th October 2013, Eldoret Kenya
“Evidence based Informatics for eHealth in Africa”
Venue: The Noble Conference Centre, Elgeyo Road, Eldoret, Kenya
http://conf13.helina-online.org/ Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-conference meeting/workshop focused on health indicator standardization and interoperability of health information systems used in in Africa is planned on Saturday 5th October, 2013 from 10:00 to 14:00 H. Semantic and technical interoperability will be discussed with regard to systems used in Africa: DHIS, GNU Health, MEDIBOARD, Openclinic, and OpenMRS.
Use case: Define and implement a common standard for MDG Indicators Reporting to WHO/Ministry of Health from EMR, EPR, DHIS. If you would like to attend this meeting, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Pre-conference workshop of the HELINA strategic plan task force on Sunday 6th October from 09:00 to 17:00 H. Some questions to be answered are: Where will HELINA be in 2018? How is the vision going to be achieved? What will we do to get this? What are the actual activities we will undertake? How are we going to do this within the timeframe of this strategy (2018)? If you would like to contribute to, or attend, the brainstorming part of this meeting (09:00 to 12:00 H), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- HELINA General Assembly. The general assembly of HELINA will be held on Monday, 7th October from 5pm to 6.30 pm
- Registration for the conference can be done via the conference management tool available at: http://conf13.helina-online.org/index.php/2013/october/schedConf/registration
Registration fee will be paid at the conference venue in US Dollar, Euro or Kenyan Shillings (1 US $ = 87.5 KES). You can also make the payment by September 26 using a bank to bank transfer. The recipient bank account details are:
– Bank Name: Cooperative Bank of Kenya
– Branch: N.B.C Ngong Road
– Account name: Kenya Health Informatics Association (KEHIA)
– Bank SWIFT: KCOOKENA
– Account number: 01134129120400
– Purpose: HELINA 2013, Your NameSend a confirmation of the transfer to email@example.com
- Confirm your participation by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants who have registered for the conference and who require an invitation letter for entry visa to Kenya or other purpose can be sent an official letter to the conference upon request. Send your request to email@example.com. Visa can also be obtained at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi. Please consult the Kenyan Embassy in your country for additional information
- Accommodation: Special rates have been arranged for conference participants at the conference’s hotel and hotels in close proximity of the conference location. Detailed information on accommodation is available at http://conf13.helina-online.org/index.php/2013/october/schedConf/accommodation
- Taxi transportation from Eldoret Airport to the conference venue is about KES. 2,000 (US $23). Please use only official taxis as guided by the information desk at the airport.