9th Health Informatics in Africa Conference
7 – 11 March 2015
ISSER Conference Centre, University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
Informatics for Universal Health Coverage in Africa: From Point of Care Systems to National Strategies
The 9th Health Informatics in Africa Conference – HELINA 2014 will take place in ISSER Conference Centre, University of Ghana from the 07th to 11th of March 2015. This year conference is hosted by the Ghana Health Informatics Association (GHIA). HELINA, the Pan African Health Informatics Association, is the African Region of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA).
The organizers of HELINA 2014 invite original submissions that address the use of informatics or computer sciences for universal health coverage in Africa in the following categories:
- Full research papers (completed research with mature results) with 5 to 8 pages
- Work in progress papers with 5 to 8 pages
- Experience presentations or “case studies” (reports of health informatics or e-Health implementations and lessons learned) (1 page abstract)
Submissions can be prepared either in English or French and must not have been proposed to other symposia or journals.
Papers will undergo a double-blind peer reviewing process. Accepted full research papers will be published in the journal of Health Informatics in Africa (www.jhia-online.org) and accepted work in progress papers will be published in an electronic conference proceedings on the website of HELINA with an ISBN. At least one author must register to the conference.
The conference will be organized around the following major tracks and as such all submissions should relate to one of these tracks:
- National e-health strategies, policies and architectures
- Point of Care Health Information Systems
- Integrated healthcare and in Universal Health Coverage
- Health Insurance and Electronic Claims Processing
- Clinical Decisions Support Systems
- Health Information Systems and Integration of Vertical Health Programmes, specialized care (maternal and child health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, etc.)
- Data Mining, Big data analytics, and National Health Data Reporting Platforms
- Health Information Systems analysis, development, implementation and assessment
- Software architectures interoperability, Health Data Standards and controlled Vocabularies
- Informatics in the Implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
- Health Informatics education, research methods and capacity development
- Empowering communities and community participation
An online submission system and a submission template available on the conference web site http://conf.helina-online.org/index.php/2014/index/ must be used. The template contains more detailed instructions following the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals http://www.icmje.org/manuscript_1prepare.html. In case of difficulties while using the submission platform, please contact the conference technical team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the detailed Call for Participation on http://conf.helina-online.org/index.php/2014/index/ for further details.
|Submission deadline:||16 November 2014 (NO further extensions will be allowed)|
|Notification of acceptance of submissions:||9 January 2015|
|Camera-ready paper deadline:||16 February 2015|
|Conference:||7 – 11 March 2014|
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
|General Chair of the Conference:||Ghislain Kouematchoua, email@example.com|
|Local organizing Committee Chair:||Nutefe E. Achoribo, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scientific Programme Committee Chair:||Nicky Mostert-Phipps, email@example.com|
|Scientific Programme Committee Co-Chair:||Samuel Bosomprah, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Scientific Programme Committee Co-Chair:||Frank Verbeke, email@example.com