AFRICA BUILD Symposium
Co-located with HELINA 2013 Conference
8 October 2013
“Gathering experts, professionals, students and people interested in using Information and Communication Technologies to improve Health Research and Learning in Africa”
|AFRICA BUILD (www.africabuild.eu) is a EU-funded project aiming to improve Health Research and Education in Africa, through Information and Communication Technologies. The project started in August 2011, and after 2 years has conducted several studies to examine the needs and idiosyncrasies of African biomedical researchers. Based on the conclusions of these studies, we carried out some actions. The Consortium ?gathering partners from Europe and Africa ? and some invited international experts will be holding a whole-day Symposium on October 8th, 2013, co-located with HELINA Conference, to present and discuss the main outputs of the project:|
- Presentation and discussion of the AFRICA BUILD Roadmap for eHealth and health research activities in the Region. The Roadmap is based on a state of the art, elaborated by the consortium and includes recommendations to support future activities in Africa.
- Presentation and discussion of the AFRICA BUILD Portal, a collaborative research and training infrastructure:
– Didactic material and tools developed by the consortium, based on a needs assessments.
– The implementation of the methodology through two pilots in HIV/ AIDS and Reproductive Medicine, managed by the Institute of Tropical Medicine (Antwerp, Belgium), and the World Health Organization, Department of Reproductive Health and Research (Geneva, Switzerland).
– Promotion of mobility of health researchers in Africa to other African and International locations, through an innovative tool that automatically matches offers and demands.
We invite you to attend our Symposium. Seating is limited and pre-registration is mandatory. We invite you to book a place in our symposium, by completing the form below: